Microscopy and Microanalysis Laboratory serves characterization tools for university researchers and industry specialists.
Acknowledgement of the use MML facilities is expected in publications or research reports. Please indicate the assistance of a specific MML member if their work has made a significant contribution to your research.
Acknowledgement by bibliographic citation is preferred. Below you can find two types of appropriate citations which have been accepted by most Journals:
- Microscopy and Microanalysis Laboratory, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Dept., METU, TURKEY, available from: <http://www.mete.metu.edu.tr/mml/>.
- Electron microscopy investigations were carried out at the Microscopy and Microanalysis Laboratory, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Dept., METU, TURKEY, available from: <http://www.mete.metu.edu.tr/mml/>.
Here are the list of publications in which MML was greatfully acknowledged:
- E. Ergul, I. Karakaya, M. Erdogan, "Electrochemical decomposition of SiO2 pellets to form silicon in molten salts", J. Alloys Compd. 509 (3), 899-903 (2011)
- B. Ozdemir, M. KuLakçı, R.Turan, H.E. Unalan, "Effect of electroless etching parameters on the growth and reflection properties of silicon nanowires", Nanotechnology, (2011)
- G. Kucukayan, R. Ovali, S. Ilday, B. Baykal, H. Yurdakul, S. Turan, O. Gulseren, E. Bengu, "An experimental and theoretical examination of the effect of sulfur on the pyrolytically grown carbon nanotubes from sucrose-based solid state precursors", Carbon 49, 2, 508-517, (2011)
- A.B. Akgun, W.A. Wren, C. Durucan, R.M. Towler, N.P. Mellott, "Sol-gel derived silver-incorporated titania thin films on glass: bactericidal and photocatalytic activity", Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology 59,228-238 , (2011)
- G. Cicek, E.A. Aksoy, C.Durucan, N. Hasirci, "Alpha-tricalcium phosphate (?-TCP): Solid state synthesis from different calcium precursors and the hydraulic reactivity", Journal of Materials Science:Materials in Medicine 22, 809-817, (2011)
- A.B. Akgun, C. Durucan, N.P. Mellott, "Effect of silver incorporation on crystallization and microstructural properties of sol-gel derived titania thin films on glass", Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology 58, 277-289 , (2011)
- A.O. Yıldırım, C. Durucan, "Synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles elaborated by microemulsion method", Journal of Alloy Compounds 506, 944-949, (2010)
- C. Durucan, B. Akkopru, "Effect of calcination on microstructure and antibacterial activity of silver containing silica coatings" Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials 93B, 448-458, (2010)
- R. Olmez, G. Cakmak, T. Ozturk, "Combinatorial search for hydrogen storage alloys: MgNi and MgNiTi", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 35 (21), 11957-11965 (2010)
- A. Sultan, I. Karakaya, M. Erdogan, "Influence of water vapour on high temperature oxidation of steels used in petroleum refinery heaters", Materials and Corrosion 61 (9999), 1-8 (2010)
- G. Cakmak, Z. Kroly, I. Mohai, T. Ozturk, J. Szpvlgyi, "The processing of MgTi for hydrogen storage; mechanical milling and plasma synthesis", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 35 (19), 10412 (2010)
- N.A. Isitman, C. Kaynak, "Nanoclay and carbon nanotubes as potential synergists of an organophosphorus flame-retardant in poly(methyl methacrylate)", Polymer Degradation and Stability 95 (9), 1523-1532 (2010)
- N.A. Isitman, C. Kaynak, "Tailored flame retardancy via nanofiller dispersion state: Synergistic action between a conventional flameretardant
and nanoclay in high-impact polystyrene", Polymer Degradation and Stability 95 (9), 1759-1768 (2010)
- M. Erdogan, I. Karakaya, "Electrochemical reduction of tungsten compounds to produce tungsten powder", Metall. Mater. Trans. B 41 (4), 798-804 (2010)
- N.A. Isitman, M. Aykol, C. Kaynak, "Nanoclay assisted strengthening of the fiber/matrix interface in functionally filled polyamide 6 composites", Composite Structures, 92 (9), 2181-2186 (2010)
- N.A. Isitman, M. Aykol, G. Ozkoc, G. Bayram, C. Kaynak, "Interfacial Strength in Short Glass Fiber Reinforced Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene/Polyamide 6 Blends", Polymer Composites 31 (3), 392-398 (2010)
- N.A. Isitman, H.O. Gunduz, C. Kaynak, "Halogen-free Flame Retardants that Outperform Halogenated Counterparts in Glass Fiber Reinforced
Polyamides", Journal of Fire Sciences 28 (1), 87-100 (2010)
- D. Işık, M. Ak, C. Durucan, "Structural, electrochemical and optical comparison of tungsten oxide coatings derived from tungsten powder based sols", Thin Solid Films 518,104111, (2009)
- S. Ün, C. Durucan, "Preparation of hydroxyapatite-titania hybrid coatings on titanium alloy", Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials 90B, 574-583, (2009)
- N.A. Isitman, H.O. Gunduz, C. Kaynak, "Nanoclay synergy in flame retarded/glass fibre reinforced polyamide 6", Polymer Degradation and Stability 94 (12), 2241-2250 (2009)
- H.O. Gunduz, N.A. Isitman, M. Aykol, C. Kaynak, "Interfacial Interactions and Flammability of Flame-Retarded and Short Fiber-Reinforced Polyamides", Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering 48 (10), 1046-1054 (2009)
- C. Kaynak, E. Akgul, N.A. Isitman, "Effects of RTM mold temperature and vacuum on the mechanical properties of epoxy/glass fiber composite
plates", Journal of Composite Materials 42 (15), 1505-1521 (2008)